Getting an International Prepaid Card? Read this First!
If you constantly travel outside the country, regardless if it’s for business, pleasure, or something else, you’d be delighted to know you have your international prepaid card to rely on. In fact, constant travellers never leave the country without taking their international prepaid card with them.
Many international prepaid cardholders can surely attest, they offer benefits, perks, and other features that’s just hard to resist. For starters, using an international prepaid card when you travel can help warrant safety and security as you won’t have to physically carry cash with you wherever you go.
Using an international prepaid card as opposed to carrying cash with you will not only allow you to perform online transactions and ATM withdrawals conveniently, it also helps warrant you won’t have your cash stolen or misplaced.
International Prepaid Cards: What You Need to Know!
If you’re like most people you either already have an international prepaid card on a consistent basis or you’re considering getting one. Whatever the case may be, it is crucial that you know all the basics about it so you can use it to your full advantage.
While international prepaid cards have been around for sometime and many people have been relying on them, not all users are quite familiar with them and what their basic features are. For the uninitiated, below are some things you need to keep in mind prior to getting an International prepaid card:
- If you want to save a significant amount when it comes to currency conversion charges, using your international prepaid card is one of the best things you can do.
- Using your international prepaid card gives you the option to load foreign currency directly on your card. What does this mean? It means you have the option to make currency conversions as soon as the rates are favourable.
- Once the balance on your international prepaid card has been depleted while you’re outside the country, you have several reloading options available at your disposal. For instance, you have the option to load money onto your card through internet or mobile banking. You also have the option to load money using secure online portals. Once money has been successfully loaded on the card, you can use it immediately for ATM withdrawals or purchase transactions.
- The most offered currencies are the following: United States Dollar, Australian Dollar, Euro, and British Pound.
- Some international prepaid cards offer valuable coverage for frequent travellers such as loss baggage coverage, personal air accident cover, counterfeit liability, and lost liability card protection to name a few.
- Apart from being able to take advantage of the best foreign currency exchange rates, using an international prepaid card when you travel can help warrant you are more in charge of your spending. You have to keep in mind that your spending also stops as soon as the balance on the card has been depleted. Any transaction will also be declined if you don’t have sufficient balance available on your card. That being said, you have the option to pause your spending for the time being or load another amount if you want to add more to the budget you’ve set.
- In the event that your international prepaid card gets lost or stolen, you have the option to have your card blocked right away. All you have to do is call or get in touch with your issuer so they can process the blocking on your behalf asap. Fortunately, some international prepaid card issuers provide amazing value to their cardholders by providing an add on card in the event the primary card gets stolen or lost.